The Provincial Government of Ilocos Sur’s quality health care services collective success earned commemorative plaques during the Gawad Kalusugan 2023.
Ilocos Sur bagged the following:
– Malaria Free Province
– Chikiting Ligtas Lakas Award
– RESU Award
BANNUAR ITI SALUN-AT Awards
– Best Disaster Risk Reduction Management in Health Program Implementer
– Best TB control program implementer (TB Treatment Success Rate)
– Best TB Control Program Implementer (Provider Initiated HIV Counselling and Testing)
– Best Integrated Helminth Control Program Implementer
– 2nd Best Oral Health Program Implementer
– 2nd UHC Arangkada Award
– 3rd Most Outstanding Provincial Barangay Health Worker Federation
District hospitals also received PALBAYANI Awards:
ISDH Sinait – Best Mother Baby Friendly Health Facility
ISDH Narvacan – Best Mother Baby Friendly Workplace
ISDH Magsingal – Best Epidemiology and Surveillance Unit (RESU)
LGUs, Rural Health Units and private hospitals within the province also shone brightly clinching awards in various categories.
Governor Jerry Singson thru Provincial Administrator Marlon Tagorda and Provincial Health Officer Dr. Trina Talaga took part in receiving the awards and recognitions.